Fully Booked hosts Ransom Riggs, author of the New York Times-bestselling young adult book Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. The Q&A and book signing will be held at 3:00 pm on Sunday, March 3, 2013 in Fully Booked Bonifacio High Street.
A long-time photographer, Riggs combines vintage images and narrative, producing a unique and thrilling reading experience. The story opens with a horrific family tragedy that sets sixteen-year-old Jacob journeying to a remote island off the coast of Wales, where he discovers the crumbling ruins of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. Part horror, part fantasy and part mystery, the story appeals to teenagers and adults alike.
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children was on the New York Times best sellers list for more than a year, and a movie version is in development, with Tim Burton on board as director and Jane Goldman adapting the screenplay.
Book Signing Registration Mechanics:
1. Customers who want to have their books signed by Ransom Riggs need to register before the book signing event. Registration begins at 10:00 am on Sunday, March 3, 2013 at the Fort branch.
2. Customers can present an original receipt or their copy of Ransom Riggs’ book with a Fully Booked price tag in order to have their book signed.
3. After inspection of items, the customer will be given a numbered stub. This stub needs to be presented at the book signing line. If the customer loses the stub, he/she will have to register again for a new number.
4. Only one (1) stub per customer during registration.
Actual Book Signing:
1. Customers may fall in line right away or wait for their stub numbers to be called.
2. The start of the book signing will be announced ten (10) minutes beforehand to give customers time to line up.
3. If a customer is not present when his/her number is up, he/she forfeits his/her place and must line up for a new number.
4. Customers will be asked to print their name legibly on a sheet of paper to facilitate quicker book signing.
Be the first to have your book signed!
What’s your favorite image in Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, and why? Tell us your answer in the comments below, and five random winners will get to be the first in line during the book signing!